Updated: January 1, 2022 – Moving Forward Together
The Closing Agent continues to take measures to protect the health of our customers, client partners and closing staff.
Due to the increased spread of Covid-19 in our community, The Closing Agent will continue to require everyone who is attending in person closings with our personnel to wear a face mask covering your nose and mouth during your entire visit.
Customers who have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 10 days may not attend in person closings.
To protect the safety of all our customers and employees, anyone who knows they have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past ten days may not attend in person closings. To close with us, you must agree that you are not aware that you and, to your knowledge, those in your closing party have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 10 days. Customers who have been fully vaccinated for at least 2 weeks or have had COVID-19 within the last 90 days and have fully recovered so that they are not contagious, may attend in person closings at any time after exposure if they are symptom free. Please contact a team member to arrange alternative closing options that may include mail away services or online services.
Exposure is considered:
- Any face-to-face contact with an infected individual, or
- Sustained contact for 15+ minutes, at less than 6 feet, within 48 hours prior to the individual’s symptom onset or while symptomatic
Customers diagnosed with COVID-19 or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to close in person.
To protect the well-being of all our customers and employees, we ask that you and those in your closing party make an evaluation of your health prior to coming to our office.
By closing with us, you commit that you and, to your knowledge, those in your closing party have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 10 days. You also commit that you and, to your knowledge, those in your closing party have not experienced onset of any primary COVID-19 symptoms within the past 10 days:
- A fever of 100.4 degrees F or higher
- Feeling feverish
- New persistent coughing
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties
- Loss of taste or smell
For everyone’s safety, each person is required to wear a face mask.
The Closing Agent, employees wear face masks while in the presence of visitors. Children under the age of two are exempt from the mask requirement. ALL visitors to our facility will be asked to wear a face mask that fully covers your nose and mouth during your entire visit.
Stay 6 feet away from others
- Put 6 feet of distance between yourself and people who don’t live in your household.
- Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread virus.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from other people.
- Keeping distance from others is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Authorized COVID-19 vaccines can help protect you from COVID-19.
- You should get a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to you.
- Once you are fully vaccinated, you may be able to start doing some things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic.
Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces
- Being in crowds like in restaurants, bars, fitness centers, or movie theaters puts you at higher risk for COVID-19.
- Avoid indoor spaces that do not offer fresh air from the outdoors as much as possible.
- If indoors, bring in fresh air by opening windows and doors, if possible.
Wash your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- It’s especially important to wash:
- Before eating or preparing food
- Before touching your face
- After using the restroom
- After leaving a public place
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After handling your mask
- After changing a diaper
- After caring for someone sick
- After touching animals or pets
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Cover coughs and sneezes
- If you are wearing a mask: You can cough or sneeze into your mask. Put on a new, clean mask as soon as possible and wash your hands.
- If you are not wearing a mask:
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or use the inside of your elbow and do not spit.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Clean and disinfect
- Clean high touch surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If someone is sick or has tested positive for COVID-19, disinfect frequently touched surfaces. Use a household disinfectant product from EPA’s List N: Disinfectants for Coronavirus (COVID-19)external icon according to manufacturer’s labeled directions.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them using detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
Monitor your health daily
- Be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Take your temperature if symptoms develop.
- Don’t take your temperature within 30 minutes of exercising or after taking medications that could lower your temperature, like acetaminophen.
- Follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop.
Visitation restrictions apply to all Closing Agent locations:
- Altamonte Springs
- Merritt Island
- Winter Park
The Closing Agent remains fully operational at this time. Please review our safety procedures before coming to our office.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Closing Agent is attorney owned and operated and is able to quickly review and identify solutions to keep you closing. Until further notice, we will be suspending our in office classes and moving to our online virtual learning lab, operating from in-office and remote locations and keeping updated on the latest credible information to assist you with the challenges ahead.
Our team has consulted with health organizations to ensure that we follow and exceed their guidance related to coronavirus. The Closing Agent uses EPA-registered medical grade disinfectant on all public area surfaces (lobbies, restrooms, conference rooms etc). Our offices have implemented advanced technologies & streamlined chemical disinfection processes in all of our offices. Hand sanitizer is available to all employees and visitors. We will encourage everyone who attends in-person closings to sanitize their hands prior to commencing signing documents.
Business Continuity Planning
The Closing Agent maintains strict disaster preparedness procedures and conducts routine drills to test the integrity of our processes and systems. Realtors® and their clients can remain confident that we will continue to operate from remote locations if necessary and have the systems in place to support remote online notarization services (with lender approval) should in person closings be interrupted.
We will continue to monitor the situation with your safety at the core of everything we do.